Phone stores temporary data, which is utilized when you open the app again. Every app that you use has some temporary data that is stored on your device storage.
However, every app has cached data that cannot be utilized by the app.
Cached data can be useful if you use some apps daily. Most of the time you need not clear the cached data of the apps on your Android phone, but they do utilize a lot of memory of your phone.
Many times you may have to clear the cache of the apps to free up the storage.
If you don’t know how to clear the cache on an Android phone, then you have come to the right place.
In this article, we will be discussing how you can clear the cache on an Android phone.
Also Read: How to enable 5GHz WiFi on Android
Why You Should Clear Cache On Android Phone?
There are many benefits of clearing cache on Android phones, and sometimes it becomes essential to clear the cache.
Given below are some benefits of clearing cache on Android phones.
- Clearing cache can sometimes increase the performance of your smartphone. The old cache can be corrupted, which will degrade the performance of your phone because the corrupted cache is of no use for the apps. So, if you clear the cache after some time, it will ensure that you delete all the corrupted cache on your device.
- It will help you save up more space. Cached data is stored in the internal memory of your phone. Over time, this data expands in size, and it will utilize most of your phone’s memory. Every time you use an app, it will create new cached data while utilizing the old one as well, so this will consume your phone’s memory. Deleting cache on your phone can help you clean up your memory.
- When browsing the internet, the websites that you visited before will load the older version o the web page, because the temporary cached data for that has been saved by your browser. However, because of this, if the website has been updated, you will not be able to see the latest version because of the cached data. When you clear the cached data, the web page will be updated, and the browser will not show an older version of the web page.
- The cached data can have your personal information, which can lead to privacy threats if accessed by an unauthorized person. Therefore, it is essential to clear the cache files to prevent such security threats.
Clearing Cache On Android Phones
You can easily clear the cache on an Android phone. Many people prefer using third-party cleaner apps.
It isn’t recommended to use third-party cleaner apps to clear the cache on your smartphone.
Though these apps do clear the cache on your phone, they will slow down the performance of your phone, because of the background processes these cache clearing apps run in the background.
Moreover, these phones have ads, and you won’t see an ad-free interface until you purchase the app.
However, it is better to use the default security app of your phone to clear the cache of your phone. You can easily clear the cache on an Android phone.
If you don’t know how to do that, let’s discuss that.
- Head to the settings of your phone. Now in the settings of your phone, head to the storage section.
- Now you will see other apps section in the storage. Open it, and you will be able to see all the apps on your phone.
- From the list of apps, you can select the app for whose you want to clear the cache. Select the apps for which you want to clear the cache.
- If you want to see which app is taking the most space, and want to clear the cache of the app, then you can sort the apps by size. To do so, tap on the three dots which you see at the top right corner of your screen. Tap on it and you will see an option sort by size by using which you will be able to sort the apps by the storage they occupy.
- Tap on the app, and then tap on the clear cache option.
Many phones with custom ROMs like MIUI, ColorOS, and various others come with their own cleaner app, which you can prefer to use to clear the cache. Such apps clear all the cached data on your phone.
Similar: Best Weather Apps for iPhone and Android.
That’s how you can clear the cache on Android. If you want to clear the cache on your phone, never use a third-party app. Instead, it would be much preferred to use the System settings to clear the cache on your device. You can also use the default cleaner app that comes with your phone, to clean the app.